Buyers – Information for Dallas Home Buyers
If you live in or are planning to relocate to the Dallas area and are planning to purchase a home in the near future, you have come to the right place! This section is dedicated to providing information for home buyers about every aspect of the home buying process, including:
- Deciding whether or not buying a home is the right decision for you.
- How To Get Started – The First Steps of buying a home.
- The Homebuying Process from start to finish.
- The Mortgage Process, including how to get Pre-Approved in a mortgage usually in less than 10 minutes from the comfort of your home or office.
- Frequently-Asked Questions about buying a home.
- The advantages to working with a Realtor®.
Is Buying A Home The Right Decision For You?
Owning a home is one of the cornerstones of the American Dream. Deciding whether buying a home is a good personal decision for you is a good question to ask yourself. Owning a home provides some tremendous personal, emotional and often financial benefits. However, owning a home also entails taking some amount of financial risk.
My goal is not to talk you in to buying a home. I would much rather work with educated homebuyers that are 100% confident in their decision to buy. Let’s face it: Buying a home is not for everyone. The most common reason the dream of home ownership turns into a nightmare for some people is because they failed to make a common sense financial plan for home ownership.
The first step in the home buying process is to get pre-approved with a lender, but I strongly recommend establishing a realistic budget and goals before even talking with a lender so you’ll know exactly what you’re comfortable spending both monthly and for a down payment.
BUDGETING FOR HOME OWNERSHIP
UNDERSTANDING THE MORTGAGE PRE-APPROVAL PROCESS